- 2017 Reviews: Album Cover Gallery
- 2017 Reviews: Gig Gallery
- 2017 Vision Share - January to April
- 2017 Vision Share - May to August
- 2016 Gigs List with Review Links
- 2016 Album Reviews with links
- 2015 Gig List with Review Links
- 2015 Album Reviews with Links
- 2014 Gig List with review links
- 2014 Album Reviews with link
Sunday, 27 May 2012
Tom Rodwell - Live Humble Fireplace Recordings
Rodwells's renditions of gospel, spiritual, calypso and blues music, recorded on one inch tape without any modern day enhanced sound aids may have taken a while to hit the market in a saleable format but the finished article titled 'Live Humble' will enable him to further promote his work alongside his burgeoning live presence in the UK blues scene and the wider world markets he is active in such as New Zealand. This live presence is based on the re-invention of old time blues as a dance form and is proving popular at some of the low key festivals he performs at.
This eleven track approximate forty minute album is probably going to have a specialist appeal but if you're interested in younger performers who are passionate in maintaining the traditions of music that laid the foundations for much of today’s mainstream, then you will get satisfaction from the interpretations by this talented British artist. So even if blues or its similar styles are not your preferred choice of music, invest a little bit of time in this album and you'll reap the pleasures of a rewarding piece of work.